Hello to all you members of the Cowichan Lake Pickleball Club. Well, the outdoor season is just about on us and with the improving weather, a few players are already outdoors.
It is time to renew individual memberships and each member must reregister, complete the member application and sign the Release of Liability Waiver (which must be witnessed). The annual membership will run from May 1st, 2018 to April 30th, 2019. The membership fee this year will be $25 per person and you can register online at https://cowichanlakepickleball.ca or pay in cash. Please note, it is our preference to have memberships purchased online to reduce the administrative efforts.
This year you get so much more for your membership. The membership fee has three major components
- Registration and Liability Insurance – that will protect players, volunteers, sponsors and so forth. The fee increase includes registration in the 3 organizations (our club, Pickleball BC and Pickleball Canada) and the cost of insurance for the club and individual members.
- Court Maintenance, Repair & Operation
- Replacement nets cost $600 each
- cost of fuel and maintenance equipment (donated this Year)
- Court repair (resurfacing costs over $30,000)
- Court Improvements – Ball holders, fence piping has cost over $500 this year.
- Pickleballs on average cost $5 each
- Guest Paddles – $50+
- Information access – to all the News, pickleball activities, tournaments, functions for BC and places to play across Canada.
At our General Meeting, 1:30 PM, Monday April 16th at the Senior’s Centre in Lake Cowichan, we will be prepared to answer any questions you may have on membership and fees. We will also have membership application and waiver documents on hand for you to complete if desired.
It is our goal, to have the membership drive completed by April 30, 2018 to ensure alignment of our membership year with our affiliation with Pickleball BC, Pickleball Canada and the insurance company .
As stated previously, it is our preference to have memberships purchased online but if you prefer to make a cash payments please contact Lauren at firstname.lastname@example.org
For waivers please contact Lori at email@example.com