Code of Conduct
- Player safety is #1 – ensure health and safety of all players at all times
- Stretching and Warm up prior to beginning play
- Play within your physical abilities – you are playing for FUN reduce risk of injury
- Maintain high level of hydration at all times. Drink lots of water!
- If a ball enters other court – Stop Play Immediately, call “ball on court” to warn other players. Wait for other court players to return ball
- Members must be respectful when interacting with other club members and guests.
- Respect all levels of skill and ability. Play with all skill levels.
- Recognize skill levels of opponents and where appropriate enable lesser skilled players
- If possible, dependent on number of players, designate courts dependent on everyone’s needs and level of play
- Advanced court
- Beginner court
- Number of Players – if players are waiting for courts consider reducing game score to quicken play
- Kibitzing (trash talking) teasing of your opponents is part of the fun of pickleball but be respectful if someone is sensitive or voices concern
- When play is completed and players leave the court, be courteous to players still playing. Ensure ample clearance behind and beside the courts that are in play.
- Good sportsmanship is the rule
- Receiving team makes line calls – clearly state IN or OUT
- Give advice on play – OFF court do not delay play
- Honor system – Call yourself or partner if in kitchen or service faults
- Members must act in the best interests of the club.
- Members are expected to follow the club code of conduct, rules and guidelines of the club, Pickleball BC and PCO.